A postpartum doula supports a family in the immediate period after a birth with reassurance, practical assistance, and information.
A postpartum doula may carry out any of the following tasks:
● Assistance with breastfeeding
● Preparing feeds and/or bottle feeding a newborn
● Caring for older siblings
● Planning and preparing meals
● Carrying out light household tasks (e.g. washing and ironing, light cleaning)
● Providing overnight support
● Education and information on parenting issues
A postpartum doula is there to support new parents in caring for their newborn and providing them with the care and information they need to navigate their way through this transition.
As you nurture your new baby, I’m
there to nurture you!